I returned to New England in 2013, after many years away pursuing my previous career, and instantly fell back in love with the White Mountains. I was lucky to be introduced to ice climbing and later, to rock climbing, and quickly recognized that these mountains and activities had a dramatic positive influence on my life. After pursuing recreational climbing, I decided to alter my career path to one that allowed me to spend more time outside, sharing the activities I love with others. North Conway is the center of my ‘happy place’, and when I’m not helping to protect its citizens and visitors through my work as an EMT with the local ambulance company, I enjoy helping them be safe and have fun in the outdoors through teaching wilderness medicine courses and guiding rock and ice climbing.
Certifications and Affiliations
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
- Wilderness First Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- Instructor with SOLO Wilderness Medical School
- Volunteer with Androscoggin Valley Search and Rescue team
- Twin Mountain Fire/Rescue non-resident member